STATEMENT OF FAITH
Hope UK has a Christian foundation dating back to its origins as the Band of Hope in the 19th Century. However, our staff and volunteers work with groups of any faith or none at all. The aim of the charity is to reduce drug and alcohol-related harm to children and young people throughout the UK, not to promote our faith.
We subscribe to the following Basis of Faith:
WE BELIEVE IN
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
This means that Hope UK has a particular synergy with churches hoping to make a difference in their local communities. We can train volunteers to run drug prevention activities in their local area; and train youth workers, family workers and church leaders to incorporate drug prevention into their work with children and young people.
STAY UP TO DATE WITH ALL OUR NEWS
We'd love to stay in touch!
Sign-up to receive our bi-monthly e-newsletters with all the latest news, information and events.