The COFFREE Conqueror Challenge raises awareness around the issues of drug use and addiction among young people. Every October, Hope UK supporters are sponsored to give up coffee, tea or caffeine, raising hundreds of pounds towards our work.
Alternatively, they can donate the money they saved from not drinking each cup of coffee. By taking part in the event, participants will be helping us to equip young people to make drug-free choices.
We’re not going to lie to you, this isn’t going to be easy…
Your first week will be challenging… you will get headaches and feel tired and grumpy.
- Be sure to drink a lot of water, smoothies and fruit teas.
- Have early nights to get enough rest.
- Warn your friends, family and colleagues ahead of time that you will be taking on the COFFREE conqueror challenge and you may be irritable for the first week.
- Focus on the difference you are making to the lives of young people.
- Give us a call and share with us how you are feeling
Before going COFFREE
Prepare – Reduce your coffee intake for a couple of weeks before you go completely COFFREE.
Get your Support Brew ready – Tell your friends and family about the challenge, and get them ready to support (and sponsor) you.
Hold yourself to account – Start your Virgin Money Giving page by donating the equivalent of what you would spend on coffee in a day, a month or even a year!
Surviving being COFFREE
- Substitute your daily coffee with smoothies or fruit teas.
- Drink water (cold or hot) – but not too much.
- Share your journey with us on our Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn #mewithoutcoffee
- Caught napping on the job – Try and get more sleep – it’ll help!
- For old times’ sake – Enjoy your last cup of coffee. You never know, you may never go back!
Thank your awesome donors and your Support Brew!
In the Office
Show off your hidden talents by indulging your colleagues to a good old Great British bake sale. Appeal to your colleagues’ better nature by asking them to fill up your coffee mug with spare change instead. Team up with your colleagues and raise money as a team.
Friends and Family
Friends are always there for us when we need them the most, especially when we are COFFREE for a whole month. Ask them to sponsor you.
When invited for a coffee ask them to make a donation instead.
Involve your local Community
Quiz night– Create a buzzing, competitive energy in your ‘hood!
Host a quiz night in your home, on Zoom, community hall…
- Your old books that you know you will not be reading ever again. Consider selling them for 50p each.
- Your old clothes. They still have value, friends and family won’t mind buying them off you for a good cause.
What will your money achieve?
£50 could help us reach 10 young people with drug education in the UK.
£100 could pay for a set of 10 drug samples for us to use during a session (they’re not real drugs!).
£450 could pay for a trained Volunteer’s support for a year (includes travel expenses, educational material and updating or specialist training).
If you don’t think now is the right time for you to take on the challenge, but you would like to contribute to Hope UK, you can (and a big thank you!).
Got more questions? Find answers here!